Abbey Arts’ NEXT STAGE Presents:
Legal Issues for Artists
with attorney Ashley Long
An informative/interactive workshop + Q&A with attorney, Ashley Long covering legal issues working artists face in their pursuit of career and control of intellectual property.
WHEN: 11/15/16 – 6-8pm
WHERE: Fremont Abbey Arts Center (downstairs)
— FREE and Open to the PUBLIC —
Some topics covered will include:
- How do you file taxes as a young artist who probably doesn’t make enough to hire an accountant?
- How do you create a basic performance contract/rider for yourself?
- What are things to look for on contracts offered by agencies/employers, like good things and big no no’s
- What do you do if you discover someone’s using your work without your permission?
- What are some red flags to look for in music contracts? Reasons to not sign them?
“Ashley Long is an attorney in the startup group at Carney Badley Spellman in downtown Seattle. She assists emerging companies and individuals with their corporate and intellectual property legal needs. Ashley’s services include intellectual property portfolio development and maintenance, tech transactions, commercial contracts, entrepreneurial financing, and corporate governance.”